Why buy an acrylic kids rug?
Date Posted:4 September 2015
On the Go acrylic kids rug from BugRugs
When looking for a children’s rug, there are so many choices out there in terms of differing fibres. So, why buy an acrylic kid’s rug compared to a rug made from other materials?
I was reading through the August edition of the Northshore Living magazine last week and there was a great article entitled, “Fabulous Fabrics”. The article did a great job of comparing natural and synthetic fabrics and all the variations within each category.
Here are a few points that the article made regarding acrylic:
* it is naturally resistant to stains (so important with kids!)
* it is the most colourfast fabric
* it doesn’t fade in direct sunlight
* it is quick drying
* it isn’t susceptible to mould
A few other positive aspects of acrylic are that:
* it is the most similar to wool in appearance
* it is easy to clean (a must in my house!)
* it is affordable
* it is luxurious, soft and warm
* it retains its shape
* it resists shrinkage and wrinkles
This is why we choose to make our kids rugs out of 100% Japanese acrylic. We love the versatility and practicality of it for kids!